Dr. Clifford is a licensed psychologist and independent contractor working part-time with NYC CBTp. She earned her doctorate in clinical psychology from La Salle University in 2017. Dr. Clifford has experience working with adolescents and young adults with anxiety, depression, trauma, and chronic health conditions. She uses CBT with an emphasis in mindfulness and acceptance-oriented therapies. Her approach to therapy is trauma informed and LGBTQ+ affirming. Dr. Clifford brings a compassionate and a caring approach that provides young adults the space to explore their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors around their mental health, physical health, and relationships. She aspires to guide the clients she works with in discovering their values and help them to develop skills that allows them to reach their goals.
- Montefiore Hospital, Bronx NY
- Therapy West, New York, NY
- Mercy First, Syosset, NY
- La Salle University Community Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- New York State licensed psychologist (022912)
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Sciences
- New York City Cognitive Behavior Therapy Association
- Clifford, Heather, DeAngelis, C. L., O’Donnell, L, & Jackson Williams, D. (2015). Who Can I Tell? Children’s Experiences of HIV Related Stigma. Poster presented at Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies 49th Annual Convention, Chicago, IL.
- DeAngelis, C.L., Clifford, Heather, O’Donnell, L., & Jackson Williams, D. (2015). Attitudes Toward Seeking Psychological Help, HIV Related Stigma, Quality of Life and Gender: What Really Matters? Poster presented at The Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference, San Diego, CA.
- Clifford, Heather., Lutz, H.R., DeAngelis, C. L., Williams, D. J. (2013). The Impact of Therapeutic Summer Camps for Children with HIV/AIDS. Poster presented at The National Conference in Pediatric Psychology, New Orleans, LA.